
At my age, having traveled about every available path, often assuming unusual risks, I conclude my aged, rapidly deteriorating brain stubbornly grasps a few truisms.
The public at large prefers to remain uninformed. Bad news is upsetting. Most folks much prefer security, good news, rising home values and a fat pension.
Folks prefer the status quo.
Our education system stinks. Just look at our leaders. Many of our corporate CEO’s. It is either a toss up between their education or too much dope in their teen years.
Never say never.
Murphy as in ‘Murphy’s Law’ is always on the scene.
Governments do not solve problems, governments create unintended consequences.
One path to influence, wealth and power is politics. IQ tests are not required. Obviously neither is any in depth psychiatric profile.
If a person is too stupid to manage a company profitably, Uncle Sam is always a backstop.
If a person truly possesses a criminal mentality, Uncle Sam will create something you can ‘game.’
I ponder whether the new generation of tiny automobiles will be able to navigate the city streets I see in the future. Crumbled concrete, rut-filled asphalt.
Want free health care? You got it. Of course there will be some conditions: I suspect Republicans will stand in a longer line. If you are 70 or older, most likely there will be some rationing. If you are G-d fearing, you may be advised to seek counsel from either your priest, rabbi or pastor as balm for your ills.
TAXES?! Use your imagination. In some states the ratio between home values and property taxes will skyrocket. Soft drinks? Chewing gum. Food?
Incentives? Success? Private enterprise? We can always build another casino….at least in the short run.
I fear the inmates have assumed control of the asylum. I hope I am wrong.