Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Prospective Financial Consultant

“Yes. I am interested in which Series test I have to take to get approved to become a financial consultant. Maybe Merrill Lynch, yes whomever is hiring.. 

Experience? Yes. Quite a bit. I’ve had quite a bit of money in my day…. 

It’s been a tough year. Not quite a year, I guess. I bought corn futures last July….soybeans too….both down about 60 percent. The margin calls ate me alive. No, I no longer have those positions…… 

Yes, that is correct.  I know Jim Rogers is very bullish on agriculture. It was not my choice to liquidate those investments.

Well, see… I inherited quite a bit of GM stock from daddy….he said ‘never sell GM!’ Well, I borrowed against the stock to make down payments on six Las Vegas Condos….no, I no longer have those….FDIC has the bank…the stock was sold two weeks ago.

Yes, inflation! I’m really worried about inflation…bought some gold futures…no, I had to give it up….margin calls. I think that market is manipulated anyway.

What about my future? I hope to get back on my feet as an advisor. Put a nest egg together and relocate to Hong Kong; possibly write a book. Now? Well, I scraped together my last few bucks…invested in a swine operation in Illinois…..excuse me what did you say!? We don’t get any news, we have no electricity. Flu?? What flu?”